The INEX>FLOOR system: Validating your warranty with INEX>BOND
Choosing UBIQ’s INEX>FLOOR for any construction project offers significant benefits. This revolutionary product can replace the many flooring products available in the market today and it is suitable for interior and exterior use. It boasts of being high-strength but lightweight, low carbon, toxin and asbestos free. It can be recycled and comes with a 20-year warranty which is validated by adhering to UBIQ’s installation instructions, which includes using INEX>BOND sealant/adhesive to complete the system.
INEX>BOND is a one-part joint sealant that is exterior-grade, multi-purpose, non-sag and paintable. It cures on exposure to atmospheric moisture to form a durable elastomer. It is odour-free, solvent-free, non-corrosive and has far superior weatherability to polyurethane sealants. INEX>BOND has been commissioned specifically to complement INEX> sheets and boards. The adoption of leading-edge Swiss technology has produced this high quality, MS polymer elastic sealant which has a broad adhesion spectrum and very high durability.
Applications for INEX>BOND. There is a wide spectrum of applications for INEX>BOND in the INEX>FLOOR / INEX>BOND system:
- Sealing butt, tongue and groove joints between INEX>FLOOR boards when used in wet areas such as bathrooms, toilets, laundries, kitchens, balconies and decks.
- Sealing control joints in INEX>FLOOR ceramic tiled floors, painted/coated floors, L-shaped rooms, floor dimensions that exceed six metres, and doorways.
- Bonding INEX>FLOOR boards to timber or metal joists in light foot traffic areas.
INEX>BOND is eclectic, and has many other uses in general building, civil engineering and DIY situations where sealing joints is necessary. These include:
- Ground expansion joints and retaining walls.
- Construction joints.
- Joints between precast concrete elements.
- Expansion joints in building facades.
- Control joints in floors and walls.
- Sanitary installations.
- Sealing between cables, ducting and pipes that penetrate floors and walls.
- Sealing around window and door frames.
- Water retaining structures, tanks and reservoirs.
- Draft exclusion.Significant product benefits. INEX>BOND has a wider adhesion spectrum than similar polyurethane-based sealant/adhesives, in fact it adheres many surfaces without primers (pre-testing is advised):
- Bonds well to old INEX>BOND sealant, other MS polymers and most polyurethane sealants (should be well-cleaned).
- Superior weatherability.
- Minimal surface crazing compared with similar products.
- Paint systems can be applied within 10 minutes to 4 hours.
When fixing INEX>FLOOR to the joists, apply a 6mm diameter bead of INEX>BOND to bond INEX>FLOOR to the frame, even when mechanical fixings are used. This fills any gaps arising from acceptable construction tolerances and minimises the possibility of a ‘squeaky’ floor developing as the floor ages.
Even if the deck does not need to be waterproof, it’s recommended that the deck be made as water resistant as possible. This avoids damage to the frame, such as dry rot. By following UBIQ’s installation instruction on using the INEX>FLOOR / INEX>BOND system, installers can have peace of mind in knowing that the warranty is valid by using INEX>BOND. For more information, visit www.ubiq.com.au or call 1300 000 UBIQ (8247).