News: Workchoices Seminars
The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations is conducting information seminars across Australia to introduce local employers and employees to the WorkChoices system.
The seminars will be held in May and June. They aim to provide an overview of WorkChoices and cover the key elements of the new national system:
- A national workplace relations system
- The Australian Fair Pay Commission
- The Australian Fair Pay and Conditions Standard
- Award protection
- The role of the Australian Industrial Relations Commission
- Changes to the unfair dismissal laws
- Transitional arrangements and compliance.
The Office of the Employment Advocate will provide a detailed discussion on agreement making in the second half of the seminars. They will run for approximately 2½ hours.
People interested in attending must book at www.workchoices.gov.au/events to receive venue and scheduling details. For those without internet access, call 1300 762 975 to register.
More than 350 seminars will be held in metropolitan and regional locations throughout Australia.