Lockwood Selector 3700 Series Mortice Lock
ASSA ABLOY Australia’s latest innovation was developed with the end user in mind. The organisation recently confessed customer insights were a core component of their innovation process; with the Lockwood Selector 3700 Series Mortice Lock resultant of many thousands of Australian man hours, research and development and more than two months’ spent in capturing customer feedback.
“We are proud to be offering this product to the market; the benefits gained from specifying, installing and distributing this product make it the first of its kind. The Lockwood Selector 3700 Series will revolutionise the current commercial grade Mortice Lock space. Not only will it save time for installers but it will also reduce inventory holdings and therefore cost for our distributors,” said ASSA ABLOY Product Category Manager, Andrew Williams.
The Australian designed and built Lockwood Selector® 3770 Series Mortice Locks are made from quality materials to meet high durability and strength requirements. Suitable for heavy duty use in industrial and commercial applications, the Series is retrofitable and available in both standard and extended backsets.
The lock’s functionality offers a plethora of benefits from being able to configure the lock, whilst it’s in the door to making a contribution to a project’s Green Star Rating with its EPD certification.
- Multi-function lock – incorporates the full range of lock functions into one primary lock. This reduces stock line items. All functions can be configured by adjusting the hub setting selector, lock function selector as well as using cylinder cams and turn adaptors.
- Hub setting selection – allows for three functions: passage, combination, or escape function.
- Lock functions selection – in addition to the anti-lockout setting, the Selector® 3770 series also includes an industry first selectable holdback feature.
- Backsets – standard backset – 60mm. Extended backsets – 89mm and 127mm are available.
- Case assembly – Zinc diecast body with stainless steel chassis plates for improved strength.
- Furniture through fix holes – through fixed escutcheons and turn knobs can now be used with the lock, allowing for more robust fixing of door furniture.
- Cylinder/Adaptor retention – “Slip Pin” Cylinder/Adaptor fixing method, which allows attachment to the case by inserting a non-threaded cylindrical pin through the front of the lock case.
- Cylinder Assembly – Five pin tumbler mechanism. Standard Lockwood oval shaped, brass cylinders and brass barrels. Only two newly designed cams needed for all lock functions. X7 Cam – Retracts latch bolt with additional ability of locking the locking bar. V Cam – Locks and unlocks the locking bar. Also retracts latch bolt after unlocking lock.
- Synergy retrofit – designed to have an equivalent case size as the Synergy Series Mortice Lock to ensure retrofitability.
It is impossible not to be excited by what ASSA ABLOY’s Lockwood Selector® 3700 Series is going to offer the market – a lock developed with the end user in mind and ultimately, a brilliant way to lock up.
For more information on the Lockwood Selector® 3700 Series please visit lockweb.com.au or phone 1300 LOCKUP.